WORKSHOP ON PHYSICS OF LIQUID CRYSTALS IN THE PROCESS OF LEARNING OF STUDENTS OF ENGINEERING SPECIALTIES
Moshel Mykola, Chernihiv National University of Technology (95 Shevchenka Str., 14027 Chernihiv, Ukraine)
Hrytsenko Mykola, Chernihiv National Pedagogical University named after T. Shevchenko (53 Hetman Polubotka Str., 14013 Chernihiv, Ukraine)
Rohoza Oleksandr, Chernihiv National University of Technology (95 Shevchenka Str., 14027 Chernihiv, Ukraine)
Kovtun Anatolii, Chernihiv National University of Technology (95 Shevchenka Str., 14027 Chernihiv, Ukraine)
Tepla Tetiana, Chernihiv National University of Technology (95 Shevchenka Str., 14027 Chernihiv, Ukraine)
The proposed laboratory workshop on physics of liquid crystals, the laboratory works of which are to be included to the list of works carried out both in the course of physics and in mastering special subjects, like "Visualization ways of data measurement," " Materials of electronics" and others that are studied by the students in the following specialties "Electronic systems", "Radio electronic devices", "Metrology and information-measuring technologies", "Electronic devices and systems". The laboratory workshop contains 10 laboratory works on physics of liquid crystals. Physics of liquid crystals studying and their application will significantly improve the professional training of students and undergraduates who master the information technologies and create modern information display devices based on liquid crystals. Attention is drawn to the liquid crystals usage as a primary transducer for sensors and in liquid-crystalline electronics.
nematic liquid crystals, smectic liquid crystals, cholestic liquid crystals, electrooptical effects in liquid crystals
1. Hrytsenko, M. I., Melnychuk, O. V., Moshel, M. V., Pustovyi, O. M., Rohoza, O. V. (2013). Laboratornyi praktykum z fizyky ridkykh krystaliv [Laboratory workshop on physics of liquid crystals]. Nizhyn: Vydavnytstvo NDU im. M. Hoholia, 141 p. (in Ukrainian).
2. Hrytsenko, M. I. (2012). Fizyka ridkykh krystaliv [Physics of liquid crystals]. Kyiv: Akademiia, 272 p. (in Ukrainian).
3. Hotry, Z. (ed.) (2010). Ridkokrystalichna elektronika [LCD electronics]. Lviv: Apriori, 532 p. (in Ukrainian).
4. Tomilin, M. G., Nevskaia, G. E. (2010). Displei na zhidkikh kristallakh [Liquid crystal displays]. St Petersburg: SPbGU ITMO, 108 p. (in Russian).
5. Flightgear On-Line, the website for the collector of military flightgear. Helmet Sight Battle. Retrieved from http://www.flightgear.dk/helmetsight.htm.