THE FEATURES OF THE PROCESS OF UTILIZATION OF CARS UNDER THE LAW OF UKRAINE "ON UTILIZATION OF VEHICLES"
Venzheha Volodymyr, Chernihiv National University of Technology (95 Shevchenka Str., 14027 Chernihiv, Ukraine)
Rudyk Andrii, Chernihiv National University of Technology (95 Shevchenka Str., 14027 Chernihiv, Ukraine)
Pasov Hennadii, Chernihiv National University of Technology (95 Shevchenka Str., 14027 Chernihiv, Ukraine)
Significance of the research. The following groups of factors determine the negative impact of cars on the environment: the production of motor vehicles; vehicles operation; alienation of sites for highways, garages and parking lots; and scrappage of motor vehicles.
Problem statement. Many scientific works are devoted to environmental pollution, while the issue of scrappage of motor vehicles in Ukraine has not been investigated enough yet.
Analysis of the latest researches and publications. The already known results of the work where the authors worked together to analyze the issue of improving the environmental performance of vehicles , were updated in this paper.
Emphasising of unexplored aspects of the problem. There were 9122 thouthands of vehicles with the average age higher than 21 years in Ukraine, with 153,8 thouthands indeed in Chernihiv region.An old car is the source of danger and environmental threats.
Problem definition. The objective of the study is the status of scrappage of motor vehicles in Ukraine within the Law of Ukraine "On utilization of vehicles" and the definition of ways of its solution, basing on the experience in the field of highly developed Western countries and well-known motor manufacturers.
Statement of the material. There hasn’t been adopted any concept on the scrappage of motor vehiclesin Ukraine at the legislative level. And only in 2013, realizing the importance of the pronlem, Verchovna Rada of Ukraine adopt a law “On utilization of vehicles” . This Law determines the legal, organizational and economic principles of activities related to the scrappage of motor vehicleson the territory of Ukraine so as to ensure environmental safety, environmental protection, protection of life and health of citizens.
Conclusions. The solution to the issue of scrappage of motor vehicles in Ukraine is on its conceptual stage. Studying the experience of recycling cars in countries with high levels of motorization and automobile group, and transferringthis experience with certain amendments to domestic territories, under the law certainly will improve the ecological situation in Ukraine.
car, utilization of cars, environmental damage caused by road transport, the Law of Ukraine “On utilization of vehicles” No. 421-VII dated 04.07.13
1. Kalchenko, V.I., Khomenko, I.M. (2011). Tendentsii i perspektyvy rozvytku avtomobiliv [Trends and prospects of cars]. Visnyk Chernihivskoho derzhavnoho tekhnolohichnoho universytetu. Seriia: Tekhnichni nauky –Visnyk of Chernihiv State Technological University. Series “Technical sciences”, no. 4 (53), pp. 35–43 (in Ukrainian).
2. Kanilo, P.M., Bei, I.S., Rovenskii, A.I. (2000). Avtomobil i okruzhaiushchaia sereda [The car and the environment]. Kharkov: Prapor (in Russian).
3. Kyshchun, V.A. (2008). Utylizatsiia avtomobiliv [Disposal of vehicles]. Visnyk NU vodnoho hospodarstva ta pryrodokorystuvannia – Journal of National University of Water and Environmental Engineerin, issue 1, pp. 297–302 (in Ukrainian).
4. Skorobahatyi, Ya.P., Oshchakovskyi, V.V., Vasylechko, V.O., Kuskovets, S.L. (2008). Osnovy ekolohii: navkolyshnie seredovyshche i tekhnohennyi vplyv [Fundamentals of ecology, environment and technogenic impact]. Lviv: Novyi svit-2000 (in Ukrainian).
5. Pro utylizatsiiu transportnykh zasobiv: Zakon Ukrainy iz vnesenymy zminamy vid 4 lypnia 2013 r. № 421-VII [On disposal of vehicles: Law on Jule 4, 2013 № 421-VII].
6. Filippov, A.Z. (1995). Promyslova ekolohiia (transport) [Industrial ecology (transport)]. Kyiv: Vyshcha shkola (in Ukrainian).
7. Kalchenko, V.I., Kalchenko, V.V., Venzheha, V.I., Rudyk, A.V. (2010). Shliakhy pokrashchennia ekonomichnykh i ekolohichnykh kharakterystyk avtomobiliv [Ways to improve economic and environmental performance of vehicles]. Visnyk Chernihivskoho derzhavnoho tekhnolohichnoho universytetu – Visnyk of Chernihiv State Technological University, issue 45, pp. 35–38 (in Ukrainian).