EXPERIMENTAL EVALUATION OF ENERGY EFFICIENCY OF MACHINE TOOL DRIVE ON AUXILIARY TRANSITIONS
Kosmach Оleksandr, Chernihiv National University of Technology (95 Shevchenka Str., 14027 Chernihiv, Ukraine)
Sapon Serhii, Chernihiv National University of Technology (95 Shevchenka Str., 14027 Chernihiv, Ukraine)
Bezruchko Viacheslav, Chernihiv National University of Technology (95 Shevchenka Str., 14027 Chernihiv, Ukraine)
Fedorynenko Dmytro, Chernihiv National University of Technology (95 Shevchenka Str., 14027 Chernihiv, Ukraine)
Urgency of the research. The problem of efficient use of energy is actual for industry of Ukraine, which is the user of significant amount different types of energy, in particular electric.
Target setting. Application in the technological processes of machining and processing of raw materials mechanisms and machines with electrical drives requires finding ways to increase their energy efficiency. Therefore, reduction of energy consumption of machine tools drives, machines and mechanisms is an important and actual scientific problem.
Actual scientific researches and issues analysis. In the existing studies and publications analyzed the main sources of energy consumption and ways to improve the energy efficiency of machine tools. It is noted that during mechanical processing the drive of main motion of machine tool and auxiliary knots of machine tool has a significant influence on energy consumption.
Uninvestigated parts of general matters defining. In the study of energy efficiency more often equipment energy expenditures are analyzed, which arise at performance of technological transitions. However, the analysis of the energy consumption of machine tolls also should include auxiliary movements, which can substantially exceed the basic time processing in duration.
The research objective. The research of energy efficiency of the drive of main motion of precision turning machine tool during auxiliary transitions.
The statement of basic materials. The experimental studies of energy consumption of the drive of main motion of precision lathe with the spindle on hydrostatic bearings in the mode of auxiliary transitions were executed. The arrangement of the experimental stand, equipment, apparatus and methods of research are described. Conformity to law of change of the electric energy consumption of the drive of main motion of machine tool, depending on the technological factors at performance of auxiliary transitions was revealed.
Conclusions. The factors, that most influence on overall power consumption of the machine tool was revealed. It is speed of drive of main motion and imbalance of the rotating elements of the technological system. The research results, which obtained, allow to identify ways to minimize energy consumption of the drive of main motion of machine tool and can be used for the development of the automated machine tool control systems.
machine tool, energy consumption, power, rotation, drive, auxiliary transition
1. Gutowski, T., Dahmus, J., Thiriez, A. (2006). Electrical Energy Requirements for Manufacturing Processes. 13th CIRP International Conference of Life Cycle Engineering, Lueven, May 31st. June 2nd, pp. 1–5.
2. Draganescu, F., Gheorghe, M., Doicin, C.V. (2003). Models of machine tool efﬁciency and speciﬁc consumed energy. Journal of Materials Processing Technology, vol. 141, pp. 9–15.
3. Aspects of Energy Efficiency in Machine Tools. Retrieved from http://www.heidenhain.us/enews/stories_1011/MTmain.php.
4. Fedorynenko, D.Yu. Bezruchko, V.M., Kosmach, O.P., Sapon, S.P. (2016). Eksperymental'ne otsinyuvannya enerhoefektyvnosti protsesiv mekhanichnoho obroblennya na verstatakh [Experimental evaluation of energy processes of CNC machining]. Tekhnichni nauky ta tekhnolohii – Technical sciences and technologies, no. 2 (4), pp. 16–22 (in Ukrainian).
5. Fedorynenko, D.Yu., Kosmach, O.P. (2015). Informatsiino-vymiryuvalnyi kompleks vyznachennia elektrychnoho spozhyvannia asynkhronnykh dvyhuniv verstativ [Information and measuring complex for determination of power consumption of machine tools asynchronous motors]. Visnyk Chernihivskoho derzhavnoho tekhnolohichnoho universytetu. Seriia «Tekhnichni nauky» – Visnyk of Chernihiv State Technological University. Series “Technical sciences”, no. 2(78), pp. 70–75 (in Ukrainian).