EFFICIENCY OF APPLIING OF NUTRIENT SOLUTION FOR WET STORAGE OF CUT CARNATIONS REMONTANT
Solomakha Iryna, Chernihiv National University of Technology (95 Shevchenka Str., 14027 Chernihiv, Ukraine)
Zhabynska Alona, Chernihiv National University of Technology (95 Shevchenka Str., 14027 Chernihiv, Ukraine)
Shevchenko Kateryna , Chernihiv National University of Technology (95 Shevchenka Str., 14027 Chernihiv, Ukraine)
Urgency of the research. Cut flowers are special type of products, which can’t be stored using traditional methods applied in agricultural practice. Considering this fact the task of searching and application of effective methods of storage of truncated flower production is actual and important.
Target setting. Intensive development of the domestic floriculture and increasing cultivation of flowers for cutting are the main reasons why the companies are increasingly focused on the activities which allow extension of the terms of flower storage. A significant part of delicate flower production loses its decorative qualities and marketability and dies during transportation, storage and sale. As the result, economy of farms and whole industry incur substantial losses.
Actual scientific researches and issues analysis. Investigation of storage of truncated flower production has been performed by such russian scientists as L.I. Atkin, M.I. Shevliakov, I.S. Shemetov, A.N. Lysenko etc. The global market leading position is occupied by the Chrysal International BV production. At the same time, current area has not been investigated by domestic scientists.
The research objective. Purpose of the article is to investigate an impact of different methods of wet storage of truncated carnation remontant on terms of its storage.
The statement of basic materials. Conducted research contains systematization of the scientific achievements and existing patents concerning chemical composition of solutions, which prolong terms of storage of cut flowers; investigation of assortment and prices of solutions in the shops of Chernihiv city; conducted research of impact of nutrient solutions with different chemical composition on durability of a cut carnation at different temperatures.
Conclusions. The results demonstrate that at 6 ° C temperature range, the longest preservation has been shown by carnations, which were placed in a solution of the Chrysal drug (106 days) and a solution of ethanol (121 days).
lifespan of cut flowers, methods of storing fresh cut flower production, cold wet storage of carnation remontant
1. Atkina, L.I., Shevliakova, M.I. (2016). Khranenie i pererabotka tsvetochnoi produktsii [Storage and processing of flower production]. Retrieved fromhttp://elar.usfeu.ru/bitstream/123456789/5189/1/Atkina_Shevliakova.pdf.
2. Shemetova, I.S., Shemetov, I.I., Lysenko, A.N., Husnidinov, Sh.K. (2014). Primenenie pitatelnykh rastvorov dlia sokhraneniia dekorativnosti srezannykh tsvetov [The use of nutrient solutions to preserve cut flowers decoration]. Retrieved from https://www.igsha.ru/science/files/140225_Konferentciia1.pdf#page=186.
3. Chrysal International. Retrieved from: http://www.chrysal.com.
4. Igumnov M.A. (1990). Sokhranenie srezannykh tsvetov [Preservation of cut flowers]. Moscow: Agropromizdat (in Russian).
5. Streltsov, B.N. (1988). Khranenie tsvetov [Keeping flowers]. Moscow: Agropromizdat (in Russian).
6. Ukhod za srezannymi tsvetami [Care for cut flowers]. Retrieved from http://www.chrysal.ru/Assets/Chrysal/Managed/Uploads/Contributions/the%20anwsers_ru_web.pdf.
7. GOST 18908.3-73 «Tsvety srezannye. Gvozdika remontantnaia. Tekhnicheskie usloviia» [GOST 18908.3-73 “Cut flowers. Carnation remontant. Specifications”].
8. Bogdan, G.P., Arkhipov, S.M., Arkhipova, G.I., Zapolskii, S.V. Pitatelnaia smes dlia sokhraneniia srezannykh tsvetov gvozdiki [Nutrient mixture for preserving cut flowers carnation]. Retrieved from http://patents.su/3-1583064-pitatelnaya-smes-dlya-sokhraneniya-srezannykh-cvetov-gvozdiki.html.
9. Zhabynska, A.V., Shevchenko, K.O., Solomaha, I.V. (2016). Vplyv khimichnoho skladu zhyvylnykh rozchyniv na strok volohoho zberihannia zrizanoi hvozdyky remontantnoi [The influence of the chemical composition of the nutrient solution for a period of wet storage truncated cloves remontant]. Proceeding from Novitni tehnolohii u naukovii diialnosti i navchalnomu protsesi : Vseukrainska naukovo-praktychna konferentsiia studentiv, aspirantiv ta molodykh uchenyh – New technologies in scientific activities and learning process: National Scientific Conference of Students and Young Scientists. Chernihiv: ChNTU, pp. 257–259 (in Ukrainian).