SAFETY USE OF FRUIT AND BERRIES IN FOOD PRODUCTION
Cheliabiieva Viktoriia, Chernihiv National University of Technology (95 Shevchenka Str., 14027 Chernihiv, Ukraine)
Havryk Maryia, Chernihiv National University of Technology (95 Shevchenka Str., 14027 Chernihiv, Ukraine)
Lytvynenko Alena, Chernihiv National University of Technology (95 Shevchenka Str., 14027 Chernihiv, Ukraine)
Urgency of the research. Modern food products have a low biological value. One of the reasons - poor ecological state of the environment.
Target setting. Increased biological value of food by enrichment with vitamins, essential amino acids, dietary fiber, essential macro- and microelements and other vital components - a goal pursued by the leading food manufacturers worldwide.
Actual scientific researches and issues analysis. Adding fruits and berries in the bread, dairy products, and drinks can not only expand the range of products but also can to improve product quality, to ensure delivery of micronutrients with the products of mass consumption without increasing calories. Limited number of articles that focus on the need for security controls of fruit and berries used for food fortification.
Uninvestigated parts of general matters defining. In the research work is limited information on the relationship between the accumulation of toxic and essential macro- and micronutrients in fruits and pectin content.
The research objective. The article presents data on the content and nature of the accumulation of toxic and essential macro- and micronutrients in apples, bananas, black currant.
The statement of basic materials. In the outer shell of the fruit is mainly accumulates elements zinc and copper. Calcium, magnesium interact with pectin fruit pulp. We evaluate the use of powders and extracts from fruits and berries in the production of health products. Selection of research subjects is due to nutritional value, palatability, affordability.
It is shown that the use of fruits and berries as a source of basic food components - pectin, macro- and micronutrients, vitamins, polyphenols - a promising direction in obtaining healthy food.
The fruit and berry raw materials might contain dangerous levels of toxic trace elements. The method of stripping voltammetry shows the excess of the allowable concentrations of lead in the composition of black currants in 1.55, in bananas 4.75 times.
Conclusions. Accumulation and distribution of essential and toxic trace elements in the fruit depends on the content of pectin. Use fruits and berries (powder, puree, pulp, etc.) in the production of high biological value of food - a promising direction, but must be accompanied by strict control of raw material security.
essential macro and trace minerals, fruit and berry raw materials, toxic minerals, pectin
1. Drobot, V.I. (1988). Ispolzovanie netraditcionnogo syria v khlebopekarnoi promyshlennosti [The use of non-traditional raw materials in the baking industry]. Kyiv: Urozhai (in Russian).
2. Kostiuk, V.S. (2013). Sovershenstvovanie tekhnologii muchnykh konditerskikh izdelii na osnove ispolzovaniia novykh retcepturnykh komponentov [Improvement of technologies of pasty products by using new prescription components]. SWorld – Scientific World. Retrieved from http://www.sworld.com.ua/index.php/en/technical-sciences-413/technology-of-food-products-413/20540-413-1251.
3. Yakimenko, T.P., Gvasaliia, T.S., Lusta, S.S. (2012). Vozmozhnost ispolzovaniia netraditcionnogo rastitelnogo syria v proizvodstve biskvitnykh izdelii [The ability to use non-traditional vegetable raw materials in the production of biscuits]. Proceedings fromInnovatcionnye napravleniia v pishchevykh tekhnologiiakh – Innovative trends in food technologies. Piatigorsk, pp. 364–367 (in Russian).
4. Amantaeva, A.A., Dzherembaeva, N.E. (2009). Sakharnoe pechene povyshennoi pishchevoi tcennosti s ispolzovaniem kompozitnoi smesi iz plodovo-iagodnogo syria [Sugar Cookies increased nutritional value, using a composite mixture of fruits and berries]. Proceedings fromPishchevye tekhnologii i biotekhnologii – Food Technology and Biotechnology. Kazan, pp. 6 (in Russian).
5. Lipatov, N.N., Sazhinov S.Yu., Bashkirov, O.I. (2001). Sovokupnoe kachestvo tekhnologicheskikh protcessov molochnoi promyshlennosti i kolichestvennye kriterii ego otcenki [The total quality of production processes of the dairy industry and quantitative criteria for its evaluation]. Khranenie i pererabotka selkhozsyria – Storage and processing of farm products, no. 4, pp. 33–34 (in Russian).
6. Pavliuk, R.Yu., Abramova, T.S., Berestova, A.A. et al. (2014). Novye napitki na osnove molochnoi syvorotki s ispolzovaniem plodoovoshchnykh piure i fitoekstraktov dlia ozdorovitelnogo pitaniia [The new drink based on milk whey with fruit puree and phytoextracts for health food]. Innovatcionnye tekhnologii v pishchevoi promyshlennosti i restorannom khoziaistve – Innovative technologies in the food industry and catering sector. Kharkov, pp. 155–157 (in Russian).
7. Simakhina, G.A., Naumenko, N.V. (2007). Perspektivy kompleksnogo ispolzovaniia chernoi smorodiny dlia polucheniia krioproduktov [Prospects for the integrated use of black currant for cryogenic]. Produkty i ingredienty – Products and Ingredients, no. 4, pp. 7–274 (in Russian).
8. Pavliuk, R.Yu., Poharska, V.V., Berestova, A.A. (2013). Innovatsiini tekhnolohii vitaminnoho plodovo-yahidnoho morozyva z vykorystanniam zamorozhenykh dribnodyspersnykh dobavok z roslynnoi syrovyny [Innovative technologies of vitamin fruitberry iсе-cream production using frozen fine-dispersed additives made of plant raw materials]. Vostochno-Evropeiskii zhurnal peredovykh tekhnologii – Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, vol. 4, no. 10 (64), pp. 57–62 (in Ukrainian).
9. Pogarskaia, V.V., Kipenko, G.V., Guzhvinskaia, N.E. (2014). Razrabotka molochno-rastitelnykh desertov na osnove tvoroga dlia ozdorovitelnogo pitaniia [The development of milk-based desserts, vegetable cheese for health food]. Innovatcionnye tekhnologii v pishchevoi promyshlennosti i restorannom khoziaistve – Innovative technologies in the food industry and catering sector. Kharkov, pp. 185–187 (in Russian).
10. Telezhenko, L.N., Bezusov, A.T. (2004). Biologicheski aktivnye veshchestva fruktov i ovoshchei i ikh sokhranenie pri pererabotke [Biologically active substances of fruit and vegetables and their conservation in the processing]. Odessa: OPTIMUM (in Russian).
11. Gordon A., Ford R. (1972). The chemist’s companion. New York.