RESEARCH OF DEPENDENCIES OF MIGRATION OF TRITIUM IN THE CHAIN “MELTING WATER OF THE SNOW COVER – PLANT”
Kovalenko Oleksandr, Institute of Nuclear Research of National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, Kyiv, Ukraine
Kriazhych Оlha, Institute of Telecommunications and Global Information Space in the system of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, Kyiv, Ukraine
Urgency of the research. The environment has got a lot of tritium after the accident at the Chernobyl nuclear power plant. The organism identifies tritium as a normal hydrogen atom. This is the danger of tritium. It can cause internal exposure.
Target setting. Radiobiological properties of tritium has little been studied. Estimates are opposite in the determination of the concentration of tritium in drinking water. Some of the patterns of migration of tritium in water in the Ukrainian and foreign publications are available. Models which describe the migration of tritium in food chains and environments there is not.
Actual scientific researches and issues analysis. Most recent publications concern the study of migration of tritium. Also contains statistics and analysis of the movement of tritium in the biosphere. A little presented some modeling of environmental tritium contamination .
Uninvestigated parts of general matters defining. Necessary to analyze the regularities of the distribution of tritium in water molecules in the juice of the birch trees. It is necessary to investigate after the beginning of the melting of the snow cover with regard to temperature and soil structure.
The research objective. Aim of the paper is the mathematical representation of the dependency of migration of tritium in the chain "the melting water of the snow cover plant" and the identifying characteristics of migration of tritium in the water from temperature and composition of the soil.
The statement of basic materials. Research of migration of tritium carried out for the chain of "melt water snow - plant". The presented model of the distribution of tritium. Investigated the contamination of the territory and of individual plants.
Conclusions. Polynomial dependence of the increase of the specific activity of tritium in the composition of the water in terms of permanent growth be defined is. Various activity of tritium in water content of plants may be due to the life processes of plants subject to weather conditions and other relevant factors.
tritium, migration, radionuclide, specific activity, polynomial
1. Klement A.W., Jr. et al. Estimates of Ionising Radiation Doses in the United States 1960–2000. EPA, 1972, 67 p.
2. Jones G. Tritium Issues in Commercial Pressurized Water Reactors. Fusion Science and Technology 54 (2): Рp. 329–332.
3. Romanov, G.N. (1983). Povedenie v okruzhaiushchei srede i biologicheskoe deistvie tritiia [The environmental behavior and biological effect of tritium]. Problemy radioekologii – Problems of radioecology, vol. 4. Moscow: VINITI (in Russian).
4. Prister, B.S. (2008). Problemy selskokhoziaistvennoi radioekologii i radiobiologii pri zagriaznenii okruzhaiushchei sredy molodoi smesiu produktov iadernogo deleniia [Problems of agricultural radioecology and radiobiology when environmental pollution is a young mixture of the products of nuclear fission]. Chernobyl: In-t problem bezopasnosti AES NAN Ukrainy (in Russian).
5. Kovalenko, H.D., Sedniev, V.A., Turbaievskyi, V.V. (2004). Nakopychennia i mihratsiia trytiiu v raionakh roztashuvannia AES z reaktoramy VVER [Accumulation and migration of tritium in the areas adjacent to nuclear power plants with VVER reactors]. Yaderna i radiatsiina bezpeka – Nuclear & radiation safety, no. 2, pp. 47–53 (in Ukrainian).
6. Kovalenko, H.D., Turbaievskyi, V.V. (2004). Deiaki pytannia modeliuvannia rozpovsiudzhennia trytiiu v gruntovykh vodakh [Some modeling distribution of tritium in groundwater]. Yaderni y radiatsiini tekhnolohii – Nuclear and Radiation Technology, vol. 4, no. 3, pp. 46–52 (in Ukrainian).
7. Dolin, V.V., Pushkarov, O.V., Shramenko, I.F. et al. (2012). Trytii u biosferi [Tritium in the biosphere]. Kyiv: Naukova dumka (in Ukrainian).