STOCHASTIC PETRI NETS VISUAL PROGRAMMING INTELLECTUAL COMPONENT
Stetsenko Inna, I. Sikorsky National Technical University of Ukraine «Kyiv Polytechnic Institute» (37 Pobeda Av., 03056 Kyiv, Ukraine)
Leshchenko Kateryna, I. Sikorsky National Technical University of Ukraine «Kyiv Polytechnic Institute» (37 Pobeda Av., 03056 Kyiv, Ukraine)
Urgency of the research. The development of information technology has caused an increase in the need for simulation modeling of complex systems intended to determine the optimal management parameters. As a result, the problem of providing rapid construction and modification of simulation models becomes important.
Target setting. The need to provide rapid construction of simulation models leads to the need for the development of a software product that simulates the behavior of complex discrete event systems with a possibility to rapidly build and modify models by means of visual programming.
Actual scientific researches and issues analysis. Many scientists mention the effectiveness of the Petri net formalism for describing and exploring parallel processes and management processes. There is a lot of software tools for simulation modeling based on Petri nets. Most of them provide the ability to work with a specific net class – basic nets, timed Petri nets, stochastic or coloured nets.
Uninvestigated parts of general matters defining. The main obstacle to the widespread use of Petri nets is too big amount of elements needed even to create a model of a simple system. Object-oriented technology has several advantages for the development of large software systems. That's why it was predictable that formalisms would appear that combine object-oriented technology and Petri Nets, including the Petri-object modeling technology. Effectiveness and polynomial computational complexity of the Petri-object model simulation algorithm have been proven.
The research objective. The objective of this work is to solve the problem of developing a stochastic Petri nets visual programming intellectual component based on an existing Petri-object modeling software tool.
The statement of basic materials. This work deals with stochastic Petri nets with time delays, multi-switches and information links. A stochastic Petri nets visual programming component was developed based on an existing Petri-object modeling software tool which has the following functionality: saving a visually created Petri net in the form of program code; recovering a visual model of a system from the program code; automatic arrangement of network elements in a way that provides the ease of model perception for users.
Conclusions. A stochastic Petri nets visual programming intellectual component was developed which increases the ease of model perception and provides rapid construction and modification of simulation models. This component is planned to be used for modeling complex discrete event systems and replicating stochastic Petri nets.
visual programming, discrete event system, stochastic Petri net, simulation modeling, Petri-object model
1. Zaitsev, D.A. (2013). Clans of Petri Nets: Verification of protocols and performance evaluation of networks. LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing.
2. Haas, P.J. (2006). Stochastic Petri Nets: Modelling, Stability, Simulation. Springer Science & Business Media.
3. Aalst, W., Stahl, C. (2011). Modeling Business Process – A Petri Net-Oriented Approach. The MITPress.
4. Lakos, C. (2001). Object Oriented Modeling with Object Petri Nets. Concurrent Object-Oriented Programming and Petri Nets, pp. 1–37.
5. Stetsenko, I.V. (2011). Teoreticheskie osnovy Petri-obektnogo modelirovaniia system [Theoretical foundations of the Petri-object simulation modeling]. Matematychni mashyny i systemy – Mathematical Machines and Systems, no. 4, pp. 136–148 (in Russian).
6. Stetsenko, I., Dorosh, V., Dyfuchyn, A. (2015). Petri-Object Simulation: Software Package and Complexity. Proceedings of the 8th IEEE International Conference on Intelligent Data Acquisition and Advanced Computing Systems: Technology and Applications (IDAACS’2015). Warsaw (Poland), pp. 381–385.
7. Stetsenko, I.V. (2011). Obiektno-oriientovane modeliuvannia system z vykorystanniam merezh Petri [Object-oriented simulation modeling with the use of Petri nets]. Visnyk ChDTU – Herald of Cherkassy state technological university, no. 2, pp. 3–9 (in Ukrainian).
8. Stetsenko, I.V., Vasylevska, O.V. (2013). Proektuvannia hrafichnoho modulia prohramnoho zabezpechennia Petri-obiektnoho modeliuvannia system [Graphic design of software module of Petri-object simulation systems]. Visnyk ChDTU – Herald of Cherkassy state technological university, no. 2, pp. 13-18 (in Ukrainian).