A COMPREHENSIVE APPROACH CLEANING OF SOIL LAYERS FROM OIL
Siemaka Oleksii, Chernihiv National University of Technology (95 Shevchenka Str., 14027 Chernihiv, Ukraine)
Urgency of the research. A large number of oil processing productions and technical disasters leads to significant environmental pollution, and sources of pollution are difficult to locate and destroy.
Target setting. It’s necessary to increase the level of purification of the environment (water and soil) up to complete elimination of the effects of industrial accidents; special concern is given to contamination of underground water aquifers and soils with oil products.
Actual scientific researches and issues analysis. Considerable attention is paid to the existing diverse methods of purifying water and soil from oil, a special role is given to sorbents. The well- known devices and methods are used only for water purification and the soil surface from petroleum products.
Uninvestigated parts of general matters defining. The disadvantage of the known devices and technologies is the impossibility of their use in thicker oil contaminated soil.
The research objective. The aim is to work out the technology of purification of soil deep layers, that is implemented by designing a device to transport the biodistructor bacteria to the required depth of the soil and the technology of recycled bioremediation.
The statement of basic materials. During the research process it was offered to design a unit for the transportation of biosorbent into the deep layers of the soil, that consists of a solid shell. The shell is made in the form of a perforated pipe and at the bottom it has a flange in the form of borax with cutting edges on the outer surface of the pipe, allowing to transport the shell into the deep layers of the soil and to reuse shell. On the basic of analytical and experimental studies there was developed a scheme of reversible bioremediation, that allows to see the mechanism of purification of polluted territories from petroleum products.
Conclusions. For the first time it has been offered the technology of using biodistructor in the deep layers of the soil due to the designed device. The proposed method of reverse bioremediation (drainages, water-sorbent solution in the contaminated area and reuse of drainage water for purification of the deep layers of soil from oil). It has been developed the idea of the operational recovery of ecosystems, rehabilitation of soil and underground water from pollution basing upon the method of reverse bioremediation.
ecosystem, environmental safety, sorbents, device, oil products, pollution
1. Siemaka, O.M. (2013). Do pytannia doslidzhennia mihratsii sumishi naftoproduktiv pislia tekhnohennoi avarii v m. Chernihiv [Research issue of migration oil after technological disaster in the city of Chernigov]. Visnyk Natsionalnoho universytetu vodnoho hospodarstva ta pryrodokorystuvannia – Proceedings of the National University of Water and Environment, vol. 4 (64), pp. 143–149 (in Ukrainian).
2. Hrynchyshyn, N.M., Babadzhanova, O. F. (2012). Reabilitatsiia gruntiv, zabrudnenykh avariinymy vylyvamy naftoproduktiv [Rehabilitation of soil contaminated with petroleum products after emergency effusions].Naukovyi visnyk Natsionalnoho lisotekhnichnoho universytetu Ukrainy – Scientific Bulletin of Ukrainian National Forestry University, issue 22.07, pp. 43–49 (in Ukrainian).
3. Ivanytsia, V. O., Hudzenko, T. V., Bieliaieva, T. O., Bobreshova, N. S., Kozhanova, H. A., Kryvytska, T. M., Konup, I. P., Soloviov, V. I., Filatov, K. D., Baranov, O. O. (2011). Biopreparat dlia sorbtsii i destruktsii vuhlevodniv i sposib ochyshchennia vody ta/abo gruntu vid zabrudnen naftoiu ta naftoproduktamy [Biological product for sorption and degradation of hydrocarbons and method of cleaning water and / or soil pollution by oil and oil products]. Patent UA №95859.
4. Soloviov, V. I. (2004). Sorbent dlia usunennia vuhlevodniv nafty [Sorbent to remove petroleum hydrocarbons]. Patent UA №2270.
5. Kozhanova, H. A., Soloviov, V. I. (2003). Sektsiia sorbuiuchoho bona [Volumetric capacity with sorbent]. Patent UA №1746.
6. Mark, D., Shaw, J., Tad Heyman (2012). Sub-surface hydrocarbon capture apparatus and method. Patent US 2012/0048811 A1.
7. Matthew, L., Bollinger, Nicole M. Durch, Robert, Sung Lee (2010). Method of producing naturally purified salt products. Patent US WO2010138583 A1.
8. Carlos Felipe Forero Monsalve (2011). Process for the containment of oil spills. Patent US 2011/0203996 A1.
9. Charles M. Diamond (2011). Method and system for removing liquid hydrocarbons from contaminated soil. Patent US 2011/0170953 A1.
10. Siemaka, O. M., Ivanova, I. M., Kotelchuk, A. L. (2016). Prystrii dlia ochyshchennia hlybynnykh shariv hruntu vid naftoproduktiv [Device for cleaning of deep soil layers from oil]. Patent UA №111261.
11. Siemaka, O. M. (2015). Oborotna bioremediatsiia – kompleksna tekhnolohiia likvidatsii naslidkiv rozlyviv nafty [Bioremediation – complex technology of elimination aftermath of oil spills]. Proceedings fromUpravlinnia yakistiu v osviti ta promyslovosti: dosvid, problemy ta perspektyvy: II mizhnarodna naukovo-praktychna konferentsiia – Quality management in education and industry: experience, problems and prospects: II International Scientific Conference (Lviv, May 28–30, 2015). Lviv: Vyd-vo Lviv. politekhniky, pp. 171-172 (in Ukrainian).