ANALYTICAL MODEL OF THE MECHANISM OF FORMATION OF TOTAL ERROR OF PROFILE OF SHELL TYPE WARES FROM BRITTLE NON-METAL MATERIALS IN DIAMOND GRINDING
Oliinyk Svitlana, Donbass State Engineering Academy
Kalafatova Liudmyla, Donetsk National Technical University (2 Shybankova Sq., 85300 Pokrovsk, Ukraine).
Pokolenko Dmytro, Scientifically-Measuring Center of Konstantinovka Scientific and Production Enterprise “Kvarsit”
Urgency of the research. There are certain requirements to the quality of profile-composite thin-walled shells used in aerospace engineering. All the necessary characteristics of the items (such as thickness, profile accuracy and surface quality) can be provided using the method of diamond grinding. Modern equipment makes possible the introduction of high-performance cutting patterns. Besides it gives a possibility of using adaptive control in technological processes. Therefore, the researches, related to establishing an analytical connection between the phenomena arising during tooling of such wares and errors of their form and geometry, are relevant.
Target setting. Creation of a mathematical model of the mechanism of formation of pyroceram shells profile error in the process of diamond grinding that takes into account conditions of their treatment and is required for the development of progressive technological processes.
Actual scientific researches and issues analysis. Most researches are related to reduction of imperfectness of superficial layer of brittle non-metal materials caused by tooling. A number of studies are devoted to the problem of increasing the efficiency of treatment of shells due to the decline of vibrations in the technological system of shaping of wares.
Uninvestigatigated parts of general matters defining. Complex researches that allow estimating the total error of the diamond grinding of the thin-walled shells depending on treatment conditions are absent.
The research objective. The paper provides a generalized mathematical model of formation of total error of the profile of a thin-walled pyroceram shell taking into account factors influencing the level of vibrations of elements of the grinding technological system and the accuracy of treatment.
The statement of basic materials. Mathematical description of formation of the error of thin-wall shell outward contour during diamond-abrasive tooling is presented. This model takes into account the error of workpiece installation on a machine-tool, technological grinding system settings, the level of vibration of technological system elements that influence the error of profile formation.
Conclusions. Solutions obtained with the help of this mathematical model allow estimating the total error of thin-walled shells tooling. Thus, it becomes possible to investigate the methods of reducing this error.
shell, diamond grinding, vibrations in the technological system, waviness, profile error
1. Gusev, V.V. & Kalafatova, L.P. (2012). Tekhnologicheskoe obespechenie kachestva obrabotki izdelii iz tekhnicheskoi keramiki [Technological security of quality processing of products from technical ceramics]. Donetsk: DonNTU (in Russian).
2. Gusev, V.V., Kalafatova, L.P. & Oleinik, S.Iu. (2011). Obosnovanie raschetnoi skhemy dlia issledovaniia dinamicheskogo sostoіaniia tekhnologicheskoi sistemy almazno-abrazivnoi obrabotki tonkostennykh obolochek iz sitalla [Substantiation of the settlement scheme for the research of the dynamic condition of technological system of diamond-abrasive processing of thin-walled shells from glass-ceramics]. Suchasnі tekhnolohіi v mashynobuduvannі – Modern technologies of engineering, no. 6, pp. 14–23 (in Russian).
3. Gusev, V.V., Kalafatova, L.P. & Oleinik, S.Iu. (2012). Issledovanie dinamicheskogo sostoіaniia tekhnologicheskoi sistemy almazno-abrazivnoi obrabotki tonkostennykh obolochek iz sitallov [Investigation of the dynamic process of diamond-abrasive treatment of glass-ceramic’s thin-walled shells]. Vіsnyk SevNTU. Serіia: Mashynopryladobuduvannia ta transport – Journal of the Sevastopol National Technical University. Series: Mechanical Instrumentation and Transport, no. 128, pp. 60–67 (in Russian).
4. Pokolenko, D.V. (2014). Pidvyshchennia efektyvnosti obrobky antennykh obtichnykiv iz sytaliv za rakhunok udoskonalennia tekhnolohii almaznoho shlifuvannіa [Increase of the efficiency of processing the antenna domes made of cetalss due to upgrading of diamond grinding technology]. Extended abstract of candidate’s thesis. Donetsk: DonNTU (in Ukrainian).
5. Oleinik, S.Iu. (2015). Otsenka parametrov volnistosti poverknosti na operatsii glubinnogo almaznogo shlifovaniia krupnogabaritnykh tonkostennykh sitallovykh obolochek [Estimation of parameters of waviness on the surface on the operation of deep diamond grinding of large thin-walled shells from cetalss]. Naukovі pratsі Donetskoho natsіonalnoho tekhnіchnoho unіversytetu. Serіia: «Mashynobuduvannia і mashynoznavstvo» – Bulletin of DonNTU, Series: Mechanical Engineering, no. 1 (12), pp. 40–46 (in Russian).
6. Oliinyk, S.Iu. (2014). Zabezpechennia yakosti obrobky tonkostinnykh sytalovykh obolonok shliakhom pokrashchennia dynamichnykh kharakterystyk tekhnolohichnoi systemy shlifuvannia [Assurance of accuracy of machining thin-walled shells from pyroceram by improving the dynamic characteristics of technological system of grinding]. Extended abstract of candidate’s thesis. Krasnoarmiysk: DonNTU (in Ukrainian).
7. Balakashin B.S. (ed.) (1973). Adaptivnoe upravlenie stankami [Adaptive control of machines]. Moscow: Mashinostroenie (in Russian).
8. Gusev, V.V., Kalafatova, L.P. & Oleinik, S.Iu. (2013). Povyshenie vibroustoichivosti tekhnologicheskoi sistemy vo vremia almaznogo shlifovaniia tonkostennykh obolochek vrashcheniia iz sitallov [Increase the vibration resistance of a technological system during diamond grinding of thin-walled shells from glass-ceramics]. Rezanie i instrument v tekhnologicheskikh sistemakh – Cutting & tool in technological system, no. 83, pp. 86–91 (in Russian).