ANALYSIS OF THE APPROACHES FOR CREATING DIGITAL ELEVATION MODELS
Vitalii Zatserkovnyi, Taras Shevchenko Kyiv National University (60 Volodymyrska Str., 01033 Kyiv, Ukraine).
Rul Natalia , National Aviation University (1 Kosmonavta Komarova Av., 03068 Kyiv, Ukraine)
Liudmyla Plichko, Centre after school study of Kulikovka district (4A Shevchenko Str., Kulikovka, Chernihiv region 16300, Ukraine).
Kryvoberets Serhiy, Chernihiv National University of Technology (95 Shevchenka Str., 14027 Chernihiv, Ukraine)
Urgency of the research. The relief of the earth's surface is undergoing intensive changes and the urgent task is to quickly adjust and reflect these changes in the DEM with minimum costs.
Target setting. Since the appearance of the first maps, the problem of displaying the relief in 3D on a two-dimensional map, the experiments on the creation of a DTM, showed that it is a tool for analyzing various anthropogenic objects, natural processes and phenomena.
Actual scientific researches and issues analysis. The study of the terrain and the development of algorithms for the creation of DTM involved a number of scientists, they developed methods for constructing a DTM and various ways to create 3D models.
Uninvestigated parts of general matters defining. For today, it is necessary to review the models of DEM creation with a view to comparing them and determining the optimality of their use, as the relief constantly undergoes significant changes and therefore an important task is to reflect and correct these changes in DEM with the least cost.
The research objective. The task is to conduct a comparative analysis of existing methods for constructing the most correct DEMs.
The statement of basic materials. Three-dimensional representation of the relief by means of GIS-technologies is the direction of geoinformatics in situational modeling, analysis of projects and solutions, development of transport and engineering infrastructure, industry, agriculture, monitoring of emergencies, modeling of mineral deposits, as a means of spatial organization of time-varying data, for performing analytical calculations and as a tool to support the adoption of managerial decisions, and the like.
Conclusions. With the help of DEM, it is possible to investigate and solve problems of obtaining information on the relief, hydrological network, morphometric indicators, methods for analyzing erosion processes, in cadastral operations, and the like. With the improvement of the DEM, it is possible to develop new approaches for their creation or a combination of several among themselves.
digital terrain model, digital elevation model, DEM; interpolation, interpolation methods; TIN-model, kryging, SRTM, a raster topo
1. Zatserkovnyi, V.I., Tishaiev, I.V., Virshylo, I.V., Demydov, V.K. (2016). Heoinformatsiini systemy v naukakh pro Zemliu [GIS in Earth sciences]. Nizhyn: NDU im. M. Hoholia (in Ukrainian).
2. Burachek, V.H., Zhelezniak, O.O., Zatserkovnyi, V.I. (2011). Heoinformatsiinyi analiz prostorovykh danykh [Geoinformation analysis of spatial data]. Nizhyn: Aspekt-Polihraf (in Ukrainian).
3. Serbeniuk, S.N., Koshel, S.M., Musin, O.R. (1990). Metody modelirovaniia geopolei po dannym v nereguliarno raspolozhennykh tochkakh [Simulation methods geofields according to irregularly spaced points].Geodeziia i kartografiia – Geodesy and cartography, no. 1, pp. 31–35 (in Russian).
4. Poletaev, A.M. (2009). Metody sertifikatsionnykh ispytanii tsifrovykh modelei relefa, sformirovannykh na osnove dannykh distantsionnogo zondirovaniia Zemli [Methods of certification tests of digital elevation models generated based on remote sensing data]. Sovremennye problemy distantsionnogo zondirovaniia Zemli iz kosmosa – Current problems in remote sensing of the Earth from space, issue 6, vol. 1, pp. 220–226 (in Russian).
5. Chaskovskyi, O.H. (2009). Stvorennia tsyfrovykh modelei reliefu na osnovi danykh aerofotoznimannia [Creation of digital elevation models based on aerial photographs]. Retrieved from http://www.nbuv.gov.ua/old_jrn/natural/lglpdp/2009_35/35-3.pdf.
6. Chto takoe SRTM? Dannye SRTM, i gde ckachat' SRTM [What is SRTM? SRTM data, and where to download SRTM]. Retrieved from http://mapgroup.com.ua/articles/dzz/109 -dannye-srtm-sposoby-polucheniya-dannykh.
7. Protsyk, M.T. (2012). Metody fotohrammetrychnoho ta kartohrafichnoho suprovodu bahatorivnevoi systemy monitorynhu eroziinykh gruntovykh protsesiv [Methods of photogrammetric and mapping support multi-level monitoring of erosion of soil processes]. Extended abstract of candidate’s thesis.Lviv (in Ukrainian).
8. Sibson, R. (1981). A brief description of natural neighbor interpolation (Chapter 2). In V. Barnett. Interpreting Multivariate Data. Chichester: John Wiley, pp. 21–36.
9. Shypulin, V.D. (2014). Osnovy HIS-analizu [Fundamentals of GIS Analysis]. Kharkiv: KhNUMH (in Ukrainian).
10. Novakovskii, B.A., Prasolov, S.V., Prasolova, A.I. (2003). Tsifrovye modeli relefa realnykh i abstraktnykh geopolei [Digital elevation models of real and abstract geofields]. Moscow: Nauchnyi mir (in Russian).
11. Khromykh, V.V., Khromykh, O.V. (2007). Tsifrovye modeli relefa [Digital elevation models]. Tomsk: TML-Press (in Russian).