TELECOMMUNICATION SYSTEM OF GAS PIPELINES MONITORING
Humen Mykola, National Aviation University (1 Kosmonavta Komarova Av., 03068 Kyiv, Ukraine)
Humen Tamara, National Technical University of Ukraine “Kiev Polytechnical Institute”, Kiev, Ukraine
Urgency of the research. Gas pipelines play an important role in the life of society, and their destruction may cause severe ecological consequences. So the ensuring of monitoring of pipeline technical condition to prevent emergency situations is urgent.
Target setting. Huge length and branching of pipelines in Ukraine significantly restricts the use of known systems of diagnosis of their condition.
Actual scientific researches and issues analysis. Performed analysis shows that the most effective technical means of gas pipelines monitoring are telecommunication systems on the basis of modern network technology.
The research objective. It is necessary to propose the telecommunication system for detecting the places of gas pipelines leakage, for ecological monitoring of the environment, for protection of gas pipeline from unauthorized access and for ensuring the information interchange between the system components and the central unit.
The statement of basic materials. Telecommunication system of gas pipeline monitoring detects gas leakage, provides control and testing of gas pipeline operation on the basis of wireless technologies, provides information interchange between the equipment and the central control unit, monitors the environmental situation and protects the object from unauthorized access. The key components of the system are router, wireless infrared detectors of gas leakage, wireless temperature sensors, vibration sensors, vibration converters and industrial Ethernet video cameries. The system is compatible with GSM network. To reduce the dependence of system elements on the central power source the several autonomous sources are used.
Conclusions. Today, in the gas-transport sector there is increased demand for multifunctional and complex solutions when monitoring and information services can be carried out with the use of modern telecommunications facilities that allows processing and receiving the information in the format of a single interface.
gas pipelines, telecommunication system, technical diagnostics, sensor, safety of exploitation, off-wire network technologies
1. Kaminskii, A.A., Bastun, V.N. (1997). Metody opredeleniia napriazhenno-deformirovannogo sostoianiia i treshchinostoikosti gazo- i nefteprovodov (obzor) [Methods of determining tensely-deformed state and fracture toughness of gas and oil pipelines]. Prikladnaia mekhanika – Applied mechanics, vol. 8, pp. 3–30 (in Russian).
2. Fomichov, S.K., Minakov, S.M., Yaremenko, M.A. (2010). Monitorynh tekhnichnoho stanu mahistralnykh hazoprovodiv [Monitoring the technical condition of the main gas pipelines]. Proceedings from Elektromahnitni ta akustychni metody neruinivnoho kontroliu materialiv ta vyrobiv: zb. nauk. prats XV Mizhnarodnoi naukovo-tekhnichnoi konferentsii – Electromagnetic and acoustic non-destructive testing methods of materials and products. Proceedings of the 15-th International scientific-technical conference LEOTEST-2010 (Slavsk, February 15-20, 2010). Lviv: Karpenko PMI of the NASU, pp. 16–18 (in Ukrainian).
3. Belov, A.A., Ivanov, Iu.D., Shestakov, A.A., Careva, S.G., Shishkov, Ie.V. (2015). Rekomendatsii po vyboru sposoba monitoringa tehnicheskogo sostoianiia truboprovodov [Recommendations for choosing a monitoring method of the technical condition pipelines]. Aktualnye problemy gumanitarnykh i estestvennykh nauk – Actual problems of humanities and natural sciences, no. 10, pp. 63–66 (in Russian).
4. Stadniuk, Е., Shіian, V.P. (2014). Obnaruzhenie i ustranenie gidratnykh probok v gazoprovodakh [Detection and removal of hydrates plugs in gas pipelines]. Proceedings from Suchasni tekhnika i tekhnolohii: sb. dokladov XX Mezhdunarodnoj nauchno-prakticheskoj konferencii – Modern technique and technology. Proceedings of the XX International scientific-practical conference (Tomsk, April 14-18, 2014). Tomsk: TPU, pp. 105–106 (in Russian).
5. Sistemy obnaruzheniia utechek iz truboprovodov [Pipeline leak detection system]. Retrievedfrom https://refdb.ru/look/1995196.html.
6. Hrenov, N.N. (2003). Osnovy kompleksnoi diagnostiki severnykh truboprovodov. Aerokosmicheskie metody i obrabotka materialov [Basics of complex diagnostics Northern pipelines. Aerospace methods and materials].Moscow: Gazoil Press (in Russian).
7. Produktsiia MOXA v Ukraini [MOXA products in Ukraine]. www.moxa.com.ua. Retrievedfrom http://www.moxa.com.ua/2008/products.html.
8. Infrakrasnye gazovye datchiki [Infrared gas sensors]. Retrievedfrom http://gas-sensor.ru/ndir-gas-sensor.html.
9. Besprovodnye pretsizionnye datchiki temperatury s avtonomnym pitaniem dlia promyshlennykh setei [Wireless precision temperature sensors with self-contained power supply for industrial networks]. Retrievedfrom https://ptelectronics.ru/stati.
10. Datchik vіbratsіi VSA003 [Vibraition sencors VSA003]. www.ifm.com/products/. Retrievedfrom http://www.ifm.com/products/hke/ds/VSA003.html.