IR-SPECTRAL ANALYSIS OF SELF-REINFORCED ORGANOPLASTIC MATERIALS
Burya Аleksandr , Dniprovskiy State Technical University (2 Dniprobudivska Str., 51918 Kamianske, Ukraine)
Naberezhnaya Olga, Dniprovskiy State Technical University (2 Dniprobudivska Str., 51918 Kamianske, Ukraine)
Suchylina-Sokolenko Svetlana, Dniprovskiy State Technical University (2 Dniprobudivska Str., 51918 Kamianske, Ukraine)
Urgency of research. Due to increasing demands to the performance factors and reliability of parts and constructions of various application, there is an ever growing need to create new materials possessing a unique set of properties. A special part among them is played by organoplastic materials that have high rates of physical and mechanical, as well as tribotechnical characteristics.
Target setting. Varying the composition of the matrix and filler, their ratio, orientation of filler and size of the reinforcing particles allows to obtain the wide range of materials possessing the required set of properties. The assessment of the nature of the connection between binder and fiber is of fundamental importance in the study of the structural and deformation properties.
Actual scientific researches and issue analysis. Existing chemical methods of quantitative chemical analysis do not allow to determine the content of functional groups bonded by different hydroxyl groups.
Uninvestigated parts of general matters defining. Methods based on the isolation and analysis of individual components - fillers, are only able to deliver estimated information. To study the distribution of functional groups in the reinforced aromatic polyamide, the spectral methods are promising.
The research objective. In this work the infrared spectroscopy method was used to determine the vibration modes of the IR spectra resulting from the chemical interaction between atoms of the polyamide matrix and an organic fiber..
The statement of basic materials. To determine the optimum ratio of binder and reinforcing filler within organic plastics, a composition containing 5 - 20 wt. % of organic fibers having a length varying from 1 to 7 mm has been prepared and studied. The interpretation of spectra obtained by IR spectral analysis has allowed to reveal forms of normal fluctuations and the determining position of the bands within the intensity spectra. It has been found that self-reinforcing plastics show interpolymer interaction between the fiber and the matrix depending both on the length of the fiber and on its content.
Conclusions. The data of IR spectral analysis have shown that the amount, size and content of fibers affect the mechanism of interaction of the binder with a reinforcing filler. The biggest interaction from both fibers and the matrix has been observed in organoplastic materials containing 10 wt. % of the fiber with the length of 3 mm.
polymer matrix, organic fiber, organic plastics, IR spectra, interpolymer interaction
1. Iushchenkova, D.A. & Kuznetsova, E.M. (2015). Perspektivy primeneniia polimernykh kompozitsionnykh materialov [Prospects of application of polymeric composite materials]. Mekhaniki XXI vekа – Mechanics XXI century, no. 14, pp. 194–195 (in Russia).
2. Karpova, E.V., Bazarnova, N.G. & Mamatiuk, V.I. (2002). Opredelenie soderzhaniia karboksimetilnykh grupp v karboksimetilirovannoi drevesine metodom IK-spektroskopii [Determination of carboxymethyl groups in carboxymethyl timber by IR spectroscopy]. Khimiia rastitelnogo syria – Chemistry of plant raw materials, no. 2, pp. 33–38 (in Russia).
3. Makarov, M.M., Sleptsova, S.A., Moskvitina, L.V. & Kapitonova, Iu.V. (2016). Vliianie tekhnologii sovmeshcheniia na svoistva polimernykh kompozitov na osnove politetraftoretilena i flogopita [Impact of Combining Technologies on the Structure and Properties of Composites Based on Polytetrafluoroethylene and Phlogopite]. Vestnik SVFU – Vestnik of NEFU, no. 2 (52), pp. 76–86 (in Russia).
4. Shchekochikhin, A.V., Domashevskaia, E.P., Karpov, S.I. & Stognei, O.V. (2009). Infrakrasnye spektry amorfnykh nanokompozitov i ikh mezhatomnye vzaimodeistviia [Infrared spectrums in amorphous nanocomposites and interatomic interaction]. Kondensirovannye sredy i mezhfaznye granitsy – Condensed matter and interphases, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 78–83 (in Russia).
5. Korshak, V.V. (1969). Termostoikie polimery [Heat resistant polymers]. Moscow: Nauka (in Russia).
6. Sokolov, L.B., Gerasimov, V.D., Savinov, V.M., Beliakov, V.K. (1975). Termostoikie aromaticheskie poliamidy [Heat resistant aromatic polyamides]. Moscow: Khimiia (in Russia).
7. Bellami, L.Dzh. (1963). Infrakrasnye spektry slozhnykh molekul [The infrared spectra of complex molecules] (Pentina Iu.A., Trans.). Moscow: Izdatelstvo Inostrannoi literatury (in Russia).