WEATHERABILITY OF THE CONSTRUCTION POROUS NONMETALLIC MATERIALS IMPREGNATED WITH SILOXANES
Zolotarova Oksana, Kyiv National University of Trade and Economics (19 Kyoto Str., 02156 Kyiv, Ukraine)
Merezhko Nina, Kyiv National University of Trade and Economics (19 Kyoto Str., 02156 Kyiv, Ukraine)
Urgency of the research. Urgency of the executed researches is in increase of weatherability of the construction porous nonmetallic materials impregnated by organic silicon compouds of different compositions.
Target setting. Porous nonmetallic materials are the least resistant to action of atmospheric factors which causes expediency of their processing by organic silicon compouds.
Actual scientific researches and issues analysis. The questions of concretes weatherability increase are studied most fully. Hydrophobic protection with use of organic silicon compouds is widely applied to increase in weatherability of historical and cultural monuments.
Uninvestigatigated parts of general matters defining. One of most effective ways of protection of construction nonmetallic materials is the use of organic silicon compouds of different compositions. But the information concerning a possibility to increase weatherability of porous nonmetallic materials is almost absent.
The research objective. A task of this work is assessment of weatherability of construction porous nonmetallic materials of silicate (sandstone, a tufa) and carbonate (limestone, shell rock) origin impregnated with organic silicon compouds of different compositions.
The statement of basic materials. The construction facing porous nonmetallic materials, most widespread in construction practice, are used as the objects of researches. These are porous nonmetallic materials of silicate (sandstone, a tufa) and carbonate (limestone, a shell rock) origins. Properties of the materials impregnated with siloxanes were investigated. Efficiency of application of organic silicon compouds to increase of porous natural stone weatherability is estimated.
Conclusions. Despite of essential differences in the chemical compositions, characters and volumes of porosity, certain regularities concerning efficiency of the organic silicon compouds impregnating are recorded. It is established that the porous nonmetallic materials impregnated with three-component structure of potassium metilsilikonat, sodium etil- and fenilsilikonat have the highest weatherability.
weatherability, construction porous non-metallic materials, natural stone, impregnation, siloxanes, organic silicon connections, limestone, shell rock, tufa, sandstone
1. Chaomin, W., Pefen, X., Yunbin, H. (1985). New field impregnation technology and its effect on the durability of PIC. Proceedings from Gem Concrete: Practics Beijing International Symposium. (Beijing, May 14–17, 1985), pp. 1.
2. Koval, P.M., Kolesnyk, D.Iu., Sychenko, V.H., Bahlai, A.P. (2005). Pidvyshchennia atmosferostiikosti tsementobetonnykh materialiv poverkhnevoiu obrobkoiu syloksanovymy kompozytsiiamy [Increasing of cement’s weather resistance by surface treatment with siloxane compositions]. Novi tekhnolohii v budivnytstvi – New technologies in construction, no. 1 (9), pp. 65–68 (in Ukrainian).
3. Mukhametrakhymov, R.Kh. & Hotov, V.S. (2011). Issledovanie vliіaniіa kremniіorganicheskikh soedineniі na svoіstva fibrotsementnykh plit [Scientific investigation of organosilicones compounds influence on fibrocement slabs characteristics]. Izvestiia KHASU – News of KSUAE, no. 4 (18), pp. 254–258 (in Russian).
4. Varshavets, P.H. & Zakharchenko, P.V. (2012). Suchasni metody zakhystu budivelnykh materialiv vid zovnishnikh ahresyvnykh faktoriv [Modern methods of protection of building materials from action of external aggressive factors]. Budivelni materialy, vyroby ta sanitarna tekhnika – Construction materials and sanitary equipment. no. 45, pp. 73–75 (in Ukrainian).
5. Zolotarova, O. (2013). Kremniiorhanichni spoluky dlia hidrofobizatsii nerudnykh materialiv [Use of silicone compounds for repelling of non-metallic materials]. Tovary i rynky – Commodities and markets, no. 2 (16), pp.148–154 (in Ukrainian).
6. Nykytyn, M.K., Shadryn, S.A. (1984). Primenenie kremniiorganicheskikh materialov v restavratsii pamiatnikov istorii i kultury [The use of organosilicon materials in the restoration of historical and cultural monuments].Kremniiorganicheskie soedineniia i materialy na ikh osnove –Silicon compounds and materials based on them. Leningrad: Nauka, pp. 231–238 (in Russian).
7. Merezhko, N. & Zolotarova, O. (2016). Fizyko-tekhnichni vlastyvosti prosochenykh kremniiorhanichnymy spolukamy porystykh nerudnykh materialiv [Physical and technical properties of porous non-metallic materials saturated with silicone compounds]. Tovary i rynky – Commodities and markets, no. 2 (22), pp. 73–82 (in Ukrainian).