ANALYSIS OF CONSTRUCTIVE FEATURES AND TECHNICAL CHARACTERISTICS OF THE MAIN TYPES OF UNMANNED AERIAL VEHICLE
Shapovalov Oleg, State scientifically-proof-of-concept center of Armed forces of Ukraine, Chernihiv, Ukraine
Kolesnik Denis, State scientifically-proof-of-concept center of Armed forces of Ukraine, Chernihiv, Ukraine
Bolotov Gennadyi , Chernihiv National University of Technology (95 Shevchenka Str., 14027 Chernihiv, Ukraine)
Zhurakhov Oleksyi, State scientifically-proof-of-concept center of Armed forces of Ukraine, Chernihiv, Ukraine
Introduction. Application of UAV allows increasing significantly the opportunities for military operations, various humanitarian actions. The current military-political situation in Ukraine in recent years, causes the necessitates for an immediate increase of effectiveness of the armed forces, in particular due to the intensive development of modern UAVs of various functional purposes.
Raising the problem. One of the main nodes of UAVS is a powerplant that delivers its main specifications: weight and dimensions, the range, the practical ceiling payload. However, the requirements for UAV power plants at this time are quite contradictory and therefore need to be generalized in accordance with the national UAV classification.
The research objective. The purpose of the work is to analyze the design features, technical characteristics and functional purpose of power plants installed on modern domestic UAVs according to the national classification.
Exposition of basic material. A significant advantage of the UAV is the connection of its dimensions only to the payload, not to the flight crew. This makes it possible to create a wide range of UAVs weighing from one to hundreds of kilograms. In these conditions, the important task is the optimal choice of the power plant, which will provide the necessary traction-altitude and high-speed characteristics of the apparatus. It is determined that gas turbine engines and their variety such as turbojet engines, reciprocating internal combustion engines and electric aircraft engines powered by batteries have found the greatest application in UAV. The technical features of these types of power plants that can be installed on modern domestic light and medium-range tactical and operationally tactical UAVs are considered..
Conclusions. It is expediently to equip a light UAV with electric aircraft engines powered by batteries, while on medium ones, except for electric motors, it is also effective to use piston and rotary engines.
power plant UAV; classification of UAVs
1. Kliushnikov, I.M., Yerylkin, A.H., Nikiforov, O.A. (2016). Aktualni zavdannia shchodo osnashchennia Zbroinykh syl Ukraini bezpilotnymy aviatsiinymy kompleksamy [Actual tasks on the equipment of Armed forces of Ukraine by pilotless aviation complexes]. Proceeding from Stvorennia ta modernizatsiia ozbroiennia i viiskovoi tekhniki v suchasnykh umovakh: Zbirnyk tez dopovidei 15 naukovo-tekhnichnoi konferentsii – Creation and modernization of armament and military equipment in modern conditions: Collection of abstracts of the 15th Scientific Conference (Chernihiv, 8-9 September 2016). Chernihiv, pp. 126-128 (in Ukrainian).
2. Korchenko, O.G., Illiash, O.S. (2012). Uzahalnena klasifikatsiia bezpilotnykh litalnykh aparativ [Generalized classification of unmanned aerial vehicles]. Zbirnyk naukovykh prats Kharkivskoho universytetu Povitrianykh syl – Collection of scientific works of the Kharkov university of aircrafts, no. 4 (33), pp. 27–36 (in Ukrainian).
3. Kholshchevnikov, K.V. (1970). Teoriia i raschet aviatsionnykh lopatochnykh mashin [Theory and Design of Aircraft turbomachinery]. Moscow: Mashinostroenie (in Russia).
4. Poroshkin, K.V., Yamaliev, R.R., Seniushkin, N.S. (2011). Osobennosti proyektirovaniya silovoy ustanovki dlya bespilotnogo letatel'nogo apparata [Features of designing propulsion system for unmanned aircraft]. Molodoy uchenyi – Young scientist, no. 3, pp. 85–88 (in Russia).
5. Inozemtsev, A.A., Sandratskiy, V.L. (2006). Gazoturbinnye dvigateli [Gas turbine engines]. Perm: Aviadvigatel (in Russia).