AUTOCHTHONOUS YEAST INFLUENCE ON POLYPHENOL COMPOSITION OF WINE
Boichuk Elena, Odesa National Academy of Food Technologies, Odesa, Ukraine
Tarasova Viktoria , National Scientific Center ‘Tairov Research Institute of Viticulture and Wine-Making” (27 40 rokiv Peremohy Str., 65496 Tairovo, Odessa region, Ukraine).
Muljukina Nina, National Scientific Center ‘Tairov Research Institute of Viticulture and Wine-Making” (27 40 rokiv Peremohy Str., 65496 Tairovo, Odessa region, Ukraine).
Actuality of the research. Scientists of the world viticultural countries paid much attention to the study of autochthonous strains of wine yeast and the mechanism of yeast influence onto wine phenolic composition. There are now such researches in Ukraine, in spite of the attention to the quality of local wines. Thus, the autochthonous strains of wine yeast researches in Ukraine are very important.
Target setting. The color of the wine is determined by phenolic compounds and melanoidins. Flavones - flavonols (yellow), anthocyanins (different shades of blue and purple); leykoantotsiany are phenolic compounds that give color to wines. Technology of red wines aimed at the extraction of required quantity of the structural elements of grape clusters. The strains of wine yeast is influencing the processes of extraction, so it is necessary to examine the extent to which they are able to influence these processes in relation to phenol and coloring substances.
Actual scientific researches and issues analysis In this article, we studied the mechanism of interaction of phenolic complex of grapes and wine with yeast. The implication of wine yeast in red wine colour is twofold. On one hand, wine yeast influences the extraction of grape anthocyanins during maceration and fermentation, depending on their alcohol production capacity. They also influence the formation of more stable anthocyanin forms during maturation and ageing. On the other hand, yeast can promote anthocyanin degradation and participate in certain interactions with pigments that result in colour loss.
The research objective Therefore, the aim of the study was to determine the peculiarities of phenolic composition of wines Cabernet Sauvignon, Odessa zhemchug, Charivnyi, Agate taroskyi, Otrada, obtained under microvinification with the use of autochthonous strains of wine yeast.
The statement of basic materials. 30 samples of wines obtained by fermentation on spontaneous microflora and on 5 strains of indigenous yeast Y-3645; Y-3648; Y-3647; Y-3649; Y-3646 were chemically analysed. Its phenolic composition were evaluated and the yeast strain, the use of which provides better extraction of phenolic compounds and coloring was determined.
Conclusions. The optimum fermentation conditions were found. The fact, that the yeast strain Y-3647 provides better extraction of phenolic compounds and coloring was determined.
autochthonous yeast strains, phenolic complex, red wines
1. Valuiko, G.G. (1973). Biokhimiia i tekhnologiia krasnykh vin [Biochemistry and technology of red wines]. Kiev: Pishchevaia promyshlennost (in Russian).
2. Markosov, V.A., Ageeva, N.A. (2008). Biokhimiia, tekhnolgiia i mediko-biologicheskie osobennosti krasnykh vin [Biochemistry, technology and biomedical features of red wines]. Krasnodar, 224 p. (in Russian).
3. Monagas, M. Gomez-Cordoves, C. Bartolome, B. (2007). Evaluation of different Saccharomyces cerevisiae strains for red winemaking. Influence on the anthocyanin, pyranoanthocyanin and non-anthocyanin phenolic content and colour characteristics of wines. Food Chemistry, vol. 104, no. 2, pp. 814–823.
4. Blanco, P. C., Villa, T. G. (1999). Production of pectic enzymes in yeast. FEMS Sieiro Microbiology Letters, vol. 175, no. 1, pр. 1–9.
5. Gainvors, A., Belardi (1995). Detection method for polygalacturonase-producing strains of Saccharomyces cerevisiae / A Yeast, vol. 11, no. 15, pp. 1493–1499.
6. Takayanagi, T., Uchibori, T. K., Yokotsuka (2001). Characteristics of yeast polygalacturonases induced during fermentation on grape skins. American Journal of Enology and Viticulture, vol. 52, no. 1, pp. 41–44.
7. Ilieva F., Ivanova Petropulos V., Dimovska V., Mitrev S., Karov I., Spasov H. (2013). Influence of authochtonous yeasts on the quality of wines from Vranec and Cabernet Sauvignon varieties. Proceeding from 24th International Scientific-Expert Conference of Agriculture and Food Industy (25-28 September 2013, Sarajevo, 2013), рр. 220–225.
8. Escribano-Bailo´ n, T. Alvarez-Garcı´a, M., Rivas-Gonzalo, J. C., Heredia, F. J., & Santos-Buelga, C. (2001). Color and stability of pigments derived from the acetaldehyde-mediated condensation between malvidin-3-O-glucoside and (+)-catechin. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, vol. 49, no. 3, рр. 1213–1217.
9. Bakker, J., Timberlake, C.F. (1997). Isolation, identification and characterization of new color-stable anthocyanins occurring in some red wines. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, vol. 45, no. 1, рр. 35–43.
10. Fulcrand, H., Benabdeljalil, C., Rigaud, J., Cheynier, V. (1998). A new class of wine pigments generated by reaction between pyruvic acid and grape anthocyanins. Moutounet, Phytochemistry, vol. 47, no. 7, рр. 1401–1407.
11. Hayasaka, Y., Asenstorfer, R. E., (2002). Screening for potencial pigments derived from anthocyanins in red wine using nanoelectrospray tandem mass spectrometry. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, vol. 50, no. 4, рр. 756–761.
12. Agric, J., Rivas-Gonzalo, J. C., Bravo Haro, S., Santos Buelga, C. (1995). Detection of compounds formed through the reaction of malvidin 3-monoglucoside and catechin in the presence of acetaldehyde. Chemistry, vol.43, no. 6, рр. 1444–1449.
13. Caridi, A., Cufari, A., Lovino, R., Palumbo, R., Tedesco, I. (2004). Influence of Yeast on Polyphenol Composition of Wine. Food Technol. Biotechnol, vol. 42, no. 1, pp. 37–40.
14. Grigorishen, A., Ovchinnikov G. (2004) Usovershenstvovanie tekhnologii prigotovleniia krasnykh vin iz sortov selektcii IViV im. V.E. Tairova [Improvement of technology of preparation of red wines from grades of selection Institute of Viticulture and Wine-Making]. Vinogradarstvo i vinodelie – Viticulture and winemaking, no. 3, pp. 23–24 (in Russian).
15. Grigorishen, A.I. (2010). Sukhie stolovye vina severnogo prichernomoria Ukrainy iz sortov selektcii NNTc «IViV im. V.E. TAIROVA» [Dry table wines of the northern Black Sea coast of Ukraine from the varieties of selection of the National Scientific Center “Tairov Research Institute of Viticulture and Wine-Making”]. Obespechenie ustoichivogo proizvodstva vinogradovi-nodelcheskoi otrasli na osnove sovremennykh dostizhenii –Ensuring sustainable production of the wine-making industry on the basis of modern achievements]. Anapa, 2010 (in Russian).
16. Gerdzhikova, V.G. (2009). Metody tekhnokhimicheskogo kontrolia v vinodelii [Methods of Technological Control in Wine-Making]. Kiev: Tavrida (in Russian).
17. Vyna, vynomaterialy i suslo. Metod vyznachennia fenolnykh rechovyn (indeks Folina – Chikolteu) [Wines, wine materials and wort. Method of determination of phenolic substances (Folin-Chicolteu index)]. (2005). DSTU 4112.41:2003 from 01st July 2004. Kyiv:Natsionalni standarty Ukrainy. Derzhspozhyvstandart Ukrainy (in Ukrainian).