SINGLE PASS FINISHING GRINDING WITH CROSSED AXES TOOL AND CYLINDRICAL PART
Kalchenko Vitalii, Chernihiv National University of Technology (95 Shevchenka Str., 14035, Chernihiv, Ukraine)
Kolohoida Antonina, Chernihiv National University of Technology (95 Shevchenka Str., 14035, Chernihiv, Ukraine)
Kuzhelnyi Yaroslav, Chernihiv National University of Technology (95 Shevchenka Str., 14035, Chernihiv, Ukraine)
Morochko Volodymyr , Chernihiv National University of Technology (95 Shevchenka Str., 14035, Chernihiv, Ukraine)
Urgency of the research. There is a deterioration in output machining accuracy when grinding cylindrical parts in finishing operations due to uneven tool wear.
Target setting. Finite accuracy of parts is ensured by fine-tuning operations. When using the round grinding scheme, there are significant temperature loads and uneven distribution of the cut layer along the tool edge and its uneven wear.
Actual scientific researches and issues analysis. Known methods of deep grinding with crossed axes of the tool and the cylindrical part, where the angle of orientation of the tool is selected from the condition of achieving the highest processing performance. Given the large allowances for processing, the temperature in the grinding zone reaches significant values, which causes a change in the physicomechanical properties of the surface layer of the part.
Uninvestigated parts of general matters defining. The method of single-pass finishing grinding of cylindrical parts has not been developed, which main goal is to ensure the required accuracy of finishing with the achievement of maxi-mum productivity.
The research objective. Development of a new method for single-pass finishing grinding of cylindrical parts with an oriented tool. Creating a common modular 3D model of the cutting surface of the grinding wheel, the process of shaping and removing the stock. Based on the proposed model, the definition of the main characteristics of the process.
The statement of basic materials. A new method of single-pass finishing grinding of a cylindrical surface with an oriented grinding wheel has been developed. At the same time, the orientation of the tool is determined from the condition of full loading of the cutting edge and mainly depends on the machining allowance and the height of the grinding wheel. The optimal axial feed is selected from the condition of achieving the required geometric accuracy of the surface, and the increase in processing performance is achieved by increasing the speed of rotation of the part. Modular 3D models of the process of shaping and removing the allowance have been developed for the single-pass finishing grinding method. The proposed method for the determination of unit cutting forces and specific processing performance.
Conclusions. A new method of single-pass finishing grinding the surface of a cylindrical roller with an oriented abrasive tool is proposed. Modular 3D models of stock removal and shaping is developed.
grinding; oriented tool; 3D modeling; forces of cutting; roughness.
1. Kalchenko, V. I., Pogiba, N. N. & Kalchenko, D. V. (2012). Opredelenie sostavliaiushchikh sily rezaniia pri glubinnom shlifovanii poverkhnostei vrashcheniia orientirovannym elborovym krugom [Determination of the components of the cutting force for deep grinding of surfaces of revolution by an oriented elbor wheel]. Sverkhtverdye materialy – Superhard materials, 2 (196), 58-73 [in Russian].
2. Kalchenko, V., Yeroshenko, A., et al. (2017). Determination Of Cutting Forces In Grinding With Crossed Axes Of Tool And Workpiece. Аcta mechanica et automatica, 11, 1, 58-63 [in English].
3. Grabchenko, A. I., Kalchenko, V. I., Kalchenko, V. V. (2009). Shlifovanie so skreshchivaiushchimisia osiami instrumenta i detali [Grinding with crossed axes tool and workpiece]. Chernigov: ChGTU [in Russian].
4. Kolohoida, A. V. (2016). Vyznachennia sylovykh zalezhnostei pry zatochuvanni holchastoi harnitury [Determination of power dependencies when sharpening a needle headset]. Tekhnichni nauky ta tekhnolohii – Technical sciences and technologies, 4 (6), 84–88 [in Ukrainain].
5. Krivoruchko, D. V., Zaloga, V. A. (2012). Modelirovanie protsessov rezaniіa metodom konechnykh elementov: metodologicheskie osnovy [Modeling of finite element cutting processes: methodological foundations]. Sumy: Universitetskaіa kniga [in Russian].
6. Kalchenko, V. I., Kalchenko, V. V., Sira, N. M., Kuzhelnyi, Ya. V. (2018). Doslidzhennia syl rizannia odynychnoho abrazyvnoho zerna pry shlifuvanni zi skhreshchenymy osiamy kruha ta detali [Investigation of the cutting forces of a single abrasive grain when grinding with crossed axes of a circle and a part]. Tekhnichni nauky ta tekhnolohii – Technical sciences and technologies, 2(12), 59-68 [in Ukrainain].
7. Portaman, V. T., Reshetov, D. N. (1986). Tochnost metallorezhuschih stankov [Accuracy of machine tools]. Moscow: Mashinostroenie [in Russian].
8. Maslov, E. N. (1974). Teoriya shlifovaniya materialov [Theory of grinding materials]. Moscow: Mashinostroenie [in Russian].
9. Filimonov, L. N. (1979). Vysokoskorostnoe shlifovanie [High-speed grinding]. Leningrad: Mashinostroenie leningradskoe otdelenie [in Russian].