INVESTIGATION OF THE MILLING CYLINDRICAL SURFACES PROCESS WITH TOOL AND SHAFT CROSSED AXES
Kalchenko Volodymyr, Chernihiv National University of Technology (95 Shevchenka Str., 14035, Chernihiv, Ukraine)
Sira Nataliia, Chernihiv National University of Technology (95 Shevchenka Str., 14035, Chernihiv, Ukraine)
Kalchenko Dmytro, Chernihiv National University of Technology (95 Shevchenka Str., 14035, Chernihiv, Ukraine)
Aksonova Olga , Chernihiv National University of Technology (95 Shevchenka Str., 14035, Chernihiv, Ukraine)
Urgency of the research. Ensuring high levels of accuracy and quality cylindrical surfaces, while ensuring high performance processing is an actual problem in mechanical engineering.
Target setting. The accuracy of the machined parts is ensured by high tool life. With deep milling, high accuracy can be achieved in just a few passes. However, there is no dependence of the area of the metal layer, which is cut off, on the number of teeth of the mill.
Actual scientific researches and issues analysis. In the known methods of milling cylindrical surfaces there is no uniform distribution of allowance along the cutter tooth. A rough milling for one set does not provide high accuracy and quality of processing.
Uninvestigated parts of general matters defining. The method of milling cylindrical surfaces with an oriented tool that provides high rates of accuracy, quality and productivity of shaft processing has not been developed.
The research objective. The development of a new method of milling cylindrical surfaces with crossed axes of the tool and the shaft, when rough milling is carried out by the end of the cutting edge of the tool, and finishing milling is carried out by its periphery.
Creation of common modular 3D models of tools, stock removal and shaping processes in order to study the main characteristics of the milling process with an oriented tool.
The statement of basic materials. A method of milling cylindrical surfaces with an oriented tool has been developed, when rough milling is carried out by the end of the cutting edge of the tool, and finishing milling is carried out by its periphery. In this case, the angle of rotation of the tool during roughing is selected from the condition of ensuring maximum removal of the allowance with a uniform load on the end of the cutter edge, and when finishing, from the condition of ensuring full loading of the tool periphery and achieving the required roughness. The increase in processing performance during finishing milling is provided by increasing the frequency of rotation of the part. For a new method of milling, modular 3D models of the process of shaping and removing the stock have been developed. The dependence of the area of the metal layer, which is cut off by cutting edges, on the number of teeth of the mill is obtained.
Conclusions. A new method of milling cylindrical surfaces with intersecting axes of tools and parts is proposed. Studies have been carried out on the proposed method based on the developed modular 3D models for removing the allowance and shaping.
milling, modular three-dimensional geometric modeling, oriented tool, shaping, cylindrical shaft.
1. Poletaev, V. A., Volkov, D. I. (2001). Osobennosti struzhkoobrazovaniia pri frezerovanii i frezotochenii tel vrascheniia [Features of chip formation during milling and milling rotation bodies]. Inzhenernyi zhurnal – Engineering magazine, 7, 18–21 [in Russian].
2. Etin, A. O. (1964). Kinematicheskiy analiz metodov obrabotki metallov rezaniem [Kinematic analysis of metal cutting methods]. Moscow: Mashinostroenie [in Russian].
3. Poletaev, V. A. (2001). Konstruktivnyie osobennosti privodov podach stankov dlya krugovogo frezerovaniya [Design features of feed drives for circular milling machines]. Inzhenernyi zhurnal – Engineering magazine, 8, 63–64 [in Russian].
4. Tehnologiya mehanicheskoy obrabotki artilleriyskih snaryadov [Technology of mechanical processing of artillery shells]. (1948). Moscow: Oborongiz [in Russian].
5. Gryazev, M. V., Stepanenko, A. V. (2010). Perspektivnye tehnologii obrabotki poverkhnostei vrascheniia frezerovaniem [Promising technologies for surface treatment of milling]. Izvestiya TulGU. Seriia Tehnicheskie nauki – News of TulSU. Series Engineering, 2, part 1, 130–136 [in Russian].
6. Gryazev, M. V., Stepanenko, A. V. (2010). Frezerovanie naruzhnyih tsilindricheskih poverhnostey tortsovoy frezoy [Milling of external cylindrical surfaces with face milling cutter]. Izvestiia TulGU. Seriya Tehnicheskie nauki – News of TulSU. Series Engineering, 2, part 1, 140–148 [in Russian].
7. Grabchenko, A. I., Kalchenko, V. I. & Kalchenko, V. V. (2009). Shlifovanie so skreshhivaiushhimisia osiami instrumenta i detail [Grinding with crossed axes of tool and workpiece]. Chernigov: ChDTU [in Russian].
8. Kalchenko, V. I., Kalchenko, V. V. & Sira, N. M. (2016). Modulne 3D-modelyuvannya instrumentiv, procesiv znyattya prypusku ta formoutvorennya pry shlifuvanni zi shreshhenymy osyamy cylindrychnogo ta stupinchastogo vala i elborovogo kruga [Modular 3D-modeling tools, processes of removal allowance and shaping in grinding with crossed axes stepped cylindrical shaft and CBN wheel]. Rezanie i instrument v texnologicheskih sistemah – Cutting and tool in technological systems, 86, 36–48 [in Ukrainian].
9. Rodin, P. R. (1977). Osnovy formoobrazovaniia poverkhnostei rezaniem [Fundamentals of forming surfaces with cutting]. Kiev: Vyshha shkola [in Russian].
10. Kalchenko, V. V. (2011). Modulne 3D modeliuvannia formoutvoriuiuchykh system shlifuvalnykh verstativ, instrumentiv ta obrobliuvanykh poverkhon [Modular 3D modeling formative systems of grinding machines, tools and machined surfaces]. Visnyk Ternopilskoho derzhavnoho tehnolohichnoho universytetu – Journal of Ternopil State Technological University, 12, 68–79 [in Ukrainian].
11. Klimenko, S. A. (2011). Razrabotka PSTM na osnove KNB dlya osnascheniya vyisokoeffektivnyih rezhuschih instrumentov [Development of PSTM based on CBN for equipping high-performance cutting tools]. Rezanie i instrument v texnologicheskih sistemah – Cutting and tool in technological systems, 79, 93-101 [in Russian].
12. Klimenko, S. A., Kopeykina, M. Yu., Klimenko, S. An., Manohin, A. S. (2016). Kontseptsiia povysheniia rabotosposobnosti rezhuschikh instrumentov iz polikristallicheskikh kompozitov na osnove kubicheskogo nitrida bora [The concept of improving the performance of cutting tools from polycrystalline composites based on cubic boron nitride]. Informatsiyni tehnologiyi v osviti, nautsi ta virobnitstvi – Information technology in education, science and production, 2 (13), 108–114 [in Russian].