MATHEMATICAL MODELING OF COMPLEX QUALITY INDICATORS FOR ENTERAL NUTRITION FOODS BY PHASE OF THEIR LIFE CYCLE
Motuzka Iuliia, Kyiv National University of Trade and Economics (19 Kyoto Str., 02156 Kyiv, Ukraine)
Yashchenko Ludmila , Institute of Food Resources of National Academy of Agrarian Sciences of Ukraine (4a Yevgena Sverstiuka Str., 02002 Kyiv, Ukraine)
Motuzka Olena , National Academy of Statistics, Accountancy and Audit, Kyiv, Ukraine
Urgency of the research. The prolonged storage of foods always decreases their quality and amount, nutritional value, and changes their organoleptic properties.
Target setting. Mathematical modelling of complex quality indicators is an important means to guarantee that the nutrition properties of enteral nutrition foods are preserved during the preset period of storage.
Actual scientific research and issues analysis. Problems involved in the modeling of food quality and issues of forecasting its preservation are in focus of research works by I. Saguy, A. Martinus, VanBoekel, V. S. Huts, О. А. Koval, and others.
Uninvestigated parts of general matters defining. Application of kinetic modeling with account to the critical parameter of optimization is an advanced approach to mathematical modeling of complex quality indicators of foods by phase of life cycle and temperature regime.
The research objective. The objective is to perform mathematical modeling of complex quality indicators of enteral nutrition foods by phase of their life cycle.
The statement of basic materials. Single and group indicators of organoleptic properties, physical-chemical indicators and biological value are determined given the relative air humidity 75 ± 5 % and three temperature regimes for storage of dry mixtures for enteral nutrition. It is found that when the temperature regime is 20 ± 2 °С, the largest quality losses in foods by organoleptic indicators will occur at the phases of their transportation; the largest quality losses by physical-chemical indicators will be at the phases of transportation to the locations of distribution and at the storage in the locations of distribution; the largest quality losses by biological value will occur at the phases of transportation to the locations of distribution, storage in the locations of distribution, transportation, and at the phase of consumption.
Conclusions. Mathematical models for the dependence of quality indicators of enteral nutrition foods are constructed by phase of the life cycle. The produced data can be used in setting the time limits of foods suitability.
mathematical modeling; enteral nutrition foods; complex quality indicator; factor analysis; principal components method.
- Hryshchenko, F. V., Zarechenska, N. O. (2015). Yakist kharchovykh produktiv: analitychnyi ohliad naukovykh prats [Quality of foods: an analytical review of scientific works]. Standartyzatsiia. Sertyfikatsiia. Yakist – Standardization. Certification. Quality, 5, 37–42 [in Ukrainian].
- Saguy, I., Karel, M. (1980). Modeling of quality deterioration during food processing and storage. Food Technology, 2, 78-85 [in English].
- Boekel, M. A. J. S. van. (2008). Kinetic Modeling of Food Quality: A Critical Review. Food Science and Food Safety, 7, 144–158 [in English].
- Motuzka, Yu. M. (2017). Upravlinnia yakistiu produktiv dlia enteralnoho kharchuvannia: protsesno-oriientovanyi pidkhid [Quality management of enteral nuitrition foods: the process-oriented approach]. Tovary i rynky – Commodities and markets, 1, 16–26 [in Ukrainian].
- Guts, V. S. (2009). Modelirovaniye pokazateley kachestva pishchevykh produktov i prognozirovaniye sroka ikh godnosti [Modeling of quality indicators of foods and forecasting of their suitability terms]. Upakovka – Packaging, 3, 30–34 [in Russian].
- Koval, O. A., Huts, V. S. (2008). Kinetychna teoriia modeliuvannia yakosti y prohnozuvannia terminu prydatnosti kharchovykh produktiv [The kinetic theory of modeling of quality and forecasting of suitability terms of foods]. Tovary i rynky – Commodities and markets, 2, 67–74 [in Ukrainian].
- Sydorenko, O. V. (2009). Naukove obgruntuvannia i formuvannia spozhyvnykh vlastyvostei produktiv z prisnovodnoi ryby ta roslynnoi syrovyny [Scientific justification and formation of nutritional properties of foods made of fresh water fish and vegetable raw materials]. Doctor’s thesis. Kyiv [in Ukrainian].
- Nasledov, A. (2013). IBM SP SS Statistics 20 i AMOS: professionalnyy statisticheskiy analiz dannykh [IBM SP SS Statistics 20 and AMOS: professional statistical analysis of data]. Saint Petersburg: Piter [in Russian].