DOMAIN FORMALIZED PRESENTATION DESIGN BASED ON ITS TEXT AND GRAPHIC DESCRIPTIONS
Litvinov Vitaliy, Chernihiv National University of Technology (95 Shevchenka Str., 14035, Chernihiv, Ukraine)
Posadska Iryna, Chernihiv National University of Technology (95 Shevchenka Str., 14035, Chernihiv, Ukraine)
Urgency of the research. Today the actual tasks in the creation of automated learning systems (ALS) are the following: adding the learning courses with formalized representations of domain fragments; definition of the process strategy of knowledge formalization; integration of formalized knowledge domain with text and graphical representation of the document section.
The next important task is the automation of the learning process in various forms of learning.
Automation of the knowledge control of students using of intermediate and final control on the basis of semantic connection with the domain is another important unsolved problem in the automated learning systems.
Target setting. At the current stage of information technologies development and development in the area of creating of automated learning systems, there is the problem of describing the architectural and functional model of the three functional modules of the automated learning systems, namely formulation of domain knowledge module, learning and knowledge control modules, as well as their further integration.
Actual scientific researches and issues analysis. Recent researches are aimed at adaptive learning system and individualization of the learning process. However, there are a number of unresolved issues relating to the formalization of the domain course, automation of the learning and control processes.
Uninvestigated parts of general matters defining. Despite intensive researches, which are conducted in the development of automated learning systems, the problem of domain course formalization, selection of formalization strategy, automating of the learning process and knowledge control are remained completely unresolved.
The research objective. The aim of this article is the representation and justification for architecture of knowledge-oriented learning system.
The statement of basic materials. According to the proposed architecture in this article, ALS should consist of such basic functional modules: module of domain knowledge generation; learning module; knowledge control module.
Each module of ALS has multi-functionality. The main users of this system are the knowledge engineer, domain expert, the tutor and the student. Integration of functional modules is based on the execution of the main functions of all users. The core of ALS is the knowledge base, therefore the learning system is knowledge-oriented.
Conclusions. The proposed architecture of the automated learning system is beyond the scope of existing systems. Active usage of formalized representations of the domain course allows automating the process of learning in all forms of learning, not only the process of studying the lecture material. Automated knowledge control, mainly the usage of intermediate and final control will increase the level of utilization of the course material and the effectiveness of the student feedback.
automated learning system, knowledge engineer, domain expert, formalization, elementary operations, strategy
1. Pospelov, D.A. (1986). Predstavlenie znaniy. Opyt sistemnogo analiza [Knowledge representation. Experience in System Analysis]. Sistemnye issledovaniya. Metodologicheskie problem – System Research. Methodological problems, no. 17, pp. 83–102 (in Russian).
2. Glushkov, V.M. (1961). Abstraktnaya teoriya avtomatov [The abstract theory of automatic machines]. Uspekhi matematicheskikh nauk – Successes of Mathematical Sciences, no. 6 (101), pp. 3–62 (in Russian).
3. Korolyuk, V.S. & Turbin, A.F. (1982). Protsessy markovskogo vosstanovleniya v zadachakh nadezhnosti system [Markov renewal processes in systems reliability problems]. Kiev: Nauk. dumka (in Russian).
4. Buslenko, N. P., Kalashnikov, V.V., Kovalenko, I.N. (1973). Lektsii po teorii slozhnykh system [Lectures on the theory of complex systems]. Moscow: Soviet radio (in Russian).
5. Piterson, Dzh. (1984). Teoriшa seteш Petri i modelirovanie sistem [The theory of Petri nets and modeling systems]. Moscow: Mir (in Russian).
6. Zhuk, K.D., Timchenko, A.A., Dolenko, T.I. (1975). Issledovanie struktur i modelirovanie logiko-dinamicheskikh system [Research of structures and modeling of logic-dynamic systems]. Kiev: Naukova dumka (in Russian).
7. Lyubchenko, V.V. (2008). Modeli znaniy dlya predmetnykh oblastey uchebnykh kursov [Knowledge Models for the learning courses domains]. Iskusstvennyi intellect – Artificial Intelligence, no. 4, pp. 458–462 (in Russian).
8. Douglass, Bruce Powel (1999). Real - Time UML. Second Edition. Developing Efficient Objects for Embedded Systems. Wesley.
9. Sommervill, I. (2002). Inzheneriіa programmnogo obespecheniіa [Software Engineering]. Moscow: Vilіаms (in Russian).
10.Litvinov, V.V., Posadskaya, I.S., Savel'yev, M.V. (2016). Arkhitektura znanie-orientirovannoy avtomatizirovannoy sistemy obucheniya [Architecture of knowledge-oriented automated system of learning]. Tekhnіchnі nauki ta tekhnologії – Technical Sciences and Technologies, no. 3 (5), pp. 122–130 (in Russian).
11. Lytvynov, V.V., Holub, S.M., Hryhoriev, K.M., Zhyhulska, V.Y. (2011). Obiektno-oriientovane modeliuvannia pry proektuvanni vbudovanykh system i system realnoho chasu [Object-oriented modeling in the design of embedded systems and real-time systems]. Cherkasy: Cherkaskyi natsionalnyi universytet im. B. Khmelnytskoho (in Ukrainian).
12. Trofimov, S.A. (2002). CASE-tekhnologii: prakticheskaya rabota v Rational Rose [CASE-technology: practical work in Rational Rose] (2nd ed.). Moscow: Binom-Press (in Russian).
13. Carlo Batini, Stefano Ceri, Shamkant B. Navathe (1992). Conceptual database design: an entity-relationship approach. The Benjamin/Cummings Publishing Company, Inc.